Research shows that you have around 8 seconds to convince a visitor to stay once they hit your page for the first time. If your landing page is lacking clarity, or is not compelling, then you are losing revenue with every click to your site. You've got to grab them by the eyeballs and engage hearts and minds with the right combination of messaging, images, credibility, incentives, and call-to-action. The sum becomes greater than the parts.
Trendara can rapidly deploy improvements to your landing pages based on best-practices culled from hundreds of landing page optimization tests we have performed. You can implement our recommended changes and start seeing improved conversion performance (profits) right away.
For example, and the level of pure basics, every landing page must immediately answer these questions in the user's mind: 1) where am I? … 2) what can I do here? … and 3) why should I care. Do your landers answer these questions? How about if you are standing 5 feet away from the monitor? Can you still acertain what the page is about?
Our usability and conversion experts evaluate landers on the basics, and on many other dimensions, including:
- Desired conversion actions based on the user's position in the stages of the buyer's journey.
- Potential for encouraging micro-commitments & micro-conversions.
- Key task analysis and usability.
- Sources of friction or anxiety.
- Page structure / layout.
- Persuasion architecture.
- Headlines, straplines, and sub-heads.
- Hero images. Product images.
- Long-form vs Short-form
- Branding / look-and-feel consistency.
- Credibility and trust indicators.
- Testimonials and other "social proof".
- Price points and offer structure.
- Expectation setting.
- Urgency / Scarcity indicators.
- Calls to action.
- … and many more.
A heuristic that guides us in landing page evaluation and design is
C = 4m + 3v + 2(i-f) - 2a
We would be happy to apply this formula to your pages over the phone in a live interactive screen-sharing and telephone conversion. We do this for free, and it's a good way to get to know us.
Call our offices at
+1 (323) 843-9918 to set up a free consultation, or let us know when to call you.
Let's talk about your needs:Request A Free Consultation.
... it takes about 17 seconds.
Multivariate testing and conversion optimization
A/B split testing, multivariate testing, Taguchi — these are methods. Some of the tools you may be familiar with are Optimizely, Visual Website Optimizer, Adobe Test & Target, and Google Website Optimizer (now part of Google Analytics.)
There are other tools that can generate useful eye-tracking heatmaps, or screen capture videos that show mouse-movements, scroll depth, etc. Some of these tools include Inspectlet, Hotjar, Screenlab, and others.
We have experience with all the leading tools however our basic approach is consistent and involves:
- Developing hypothesis on what we think will help pages convert better.
- Creating many different variations of a single page.
- Measuring which combinations are most successful at driving the desired action, while taking into account cohort analysis and adjusting for possible variations in traffic quality during the test periods.
Having good tools is important, but what's MOST crucial is knowing exactly what to test in order to achieve a statistically significant conversion lift as quickly as possible. There are a lot of ways to do it wrong. Trendara gets it right. Our hypothesis are usually very strong — and we can prove it to you.
The upshot: Even a very small improvement in the customer experience can result in tens of thousands of dollars in increased monthly revenue. Testing b2b lead generation strategies is really where the rubber hits the road. It's where we put our reputation on the line and let the results prove out our recommendations.